Are you a fan of sparkle, but everything you find at the stores looks the same?
Are you looking through yet another jewelry website, still failing to find the perfect gift for a friend?
This tutorial is for you!
Today I am going to show you how to make dazzling earrings with rhinestones.
- two-part modeling putty – available on the internet. I use “Milliput”
- rhinestones in different sizes – available on the internet, e.g. on eBay
- glue for metal – I use two-part glue – you could also use super glue
- a glass
- razor or knife
- paints – I use glass paints, but you can use another type, e.g. spray paints
- file – I use special files for jewelry, but you can also use metal nail file
- plastic wrap
- flat earring studs
- special stick for picking up rhinestones. It you don’t have one, you can use a skewer or toothpick wrapped in a bit of cotton wool and dipped into something sticky, e.g. honey. Remember to wipe the rhinestones afterward so they don’t lose their sparkle.
Take an equal piece of each part of putty. Mix thoroughly.
Divide the mixed putty into two equal parts, put them on plastic wrap and roll with a glass to the thickness of 2-3 mm.
Start applying rhinestones, creating the desired shape.
Using a razor or knife, cut off the excess putty.
Leave to dry for a few hours.
You can check if the putty is dry by sticking a pin between the rhinestones.
Using the file and sandpaper, smooth all the edges and the back. Remove excess putty. Do it carefully so as not to damage the rhinestones.
Paint the edges and back. Leave to dry.
Glue the studs, closer to one of the edges. Leave to dry.
Remember that you can make such earrings using different colors of rhinestones. Silver and black will give the earrings an elegant feel while colorful will be perfect for everyday use.
You can easily expand your earrings adding long tassels, stones or pendants. Today’s tutorial shows you the foundations – the limit to what you can do with it is only your imagination :-)
FOLLOW ME ON: